Dr. Betsy Baker, Superintendent
Dr. Betsy Baker has served as Spring Cove’s Superintendent of Schools since June of 2016. She began her career in Spring Cove in 1993 as an elementary teacher and reading specialist before serving as principal of East Freedom Elementary and Roaring Spring Elementary from 2003-2009 and then of Spring Cove Elementary from 2009-2013.
To pursue her passion for curriculum, she accepted a position as the Director of Continuous School Improvement Services for CIU#10 in 2013, while simultaneously instructing in the Educational Leadership Program at PSU’s University Park and World Campus. In the fall of 2014, she became Director of Education for the Altoona Area School District and was promoted to Assistant Superintendent for Instructional Programming and Elementary Education in 2015, before returning to Spring Cove.
Her education includes:
- Doctor of Education, Educational Leadership, Penn State University
- Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Penn State University
- Principal Certification, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Reading Recovery Certification, Shippensburg University
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education, Shippensburg University
Her Pennsylvania certifications include:
- Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility
- Curriculum and Instruction Supervisor
- School Administration (K-12)
- Reading Specialist (K-12)
- Elementary Education (PreK-8)
- Early Childhood Education (Nursery-Grade 3)
Dr. Baker is a Central High School graduate (Class of 1989) and a lifelong resident of the Spring Cove community. She resides on a dairy farm with her husband and their two children: a recent Central graduate and a current Spring Cove student. Dr. Baker is honored to be serving her home community as superintendent and is Dragon Proud of the District’s team of faculty, support staff, and administrators who maintain a steadfast focus on building a foundation of excellence…one student at a time.