Fan and Spectator Guidelines
• Clothes appropriate within district dress code.
• Face pain in school colors, school insignias on cheek.
• Applauding and cheering for your team during introductions, the contest and post-game handshakes.
• Signs that support your school team (where possible, signs should be fastened to the wall).
• Accepting all decisions of the officials with respect.
• Staying in assigned student cheering section.
• Shirt-less and undergarments exposed or worn as outer garments. Wearing clothes that would not be appropriate or acceptable for school.
• Face paint in colors other than school colors, full face paint or masks/hats that hide student identity.
• Derogatory cheers, chants, songs, actions or gestures directed toward opposing teams, their fans or the officials, including during pregame and introductions.
• Signs that taunt or run down opponents. Any sticks or “props” that could be used as a weapon.
• Booing or heckling an official’s decision.
• Sitting in, taunting or approaching opponents’ designated student section, team or fans with an intent to cause a disturbance. Fans may NOT go onto the field or court after the game.
• Noise-makers (for indoor events).
• Any behavior that draws attention away from the players and the contest, including (but not limited to) inappropriate gestures, signs and cheers.
• Standing up for the whole contest. (Unless prior arrangements have been made with the game manager).
Parents of student-athletes please click on the following link to access a video titled "The Parent Seat" for information on spectator behavior at interscholastic athletic events.